Heavy Industrial Diesel Mechanic Supervisor
Blue Mountain Minerals – Sonora, CA
Full-Time Salary: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
Heavy Industrial Diesel Mechanic Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements, correcting vehicle deficiencies, making adjustments and alignments, and keeping records. A valid driver’s license is required.
Diesel Mechanic Supervisor Job Duties:
• Diesel Mechanic Supervisor oversees day to day operations of a diesel maintenance shop.
• Supervises, trains, and coordinates work of mechanics and technicians.
• Diesel Mechanic Supervisor maintains inventory of replacement parts, tools, and equipment.
• Ensures preventive maintenance and repairs meet all quality and safety standards.
• Diesel Mechanic Supervisor has knowledge of DOT rules and regulations.
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
• Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
• Working team member that may validate or coordinate the work of others on a support team.
• Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
• Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion system.
• Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
• Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Suggests improvements to process, is a knowledge resource for other team members.
• Has a minimum of 2 years experience as an individual contributor.
Skills and Qualifications:
Tooling, Supply Management, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Technical Understanding, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Inventory Control.