STUDENT ACCOUNTS COORDINATOR
STUDENT ACCOUNTS COORDINATOR
Bridgewater College seeks a full-time Student Accounts Coordinator to begin immediately. The focus of this position is to serve as the primary contact for students and parents regarding activity to each student’s account, including tuition, room and board, class fees and other ancillary term charges, financial aid, scholarships and payments. The coordinator will be responsible for all third-party billing, the collection process for current students, and ensuring that Student Accounts procedures and activities are in compliance with Federal Regulations as defined by the Department of Education.
- Serves as the primary contact to students and parents, by responding to inquiries and resolving issues related to student financial aid, term charges, payments and payment plans.
- Appropriately maintain confidential and sensitive information pertaining to students
- Creation and maintenance of Informer reports
- Responsible for the collections process for all current students
- Maintains knowledge of and ensures compliance of Student Accounts procedures and activities with Federal Regulations as defined by the Department of Education
- Responsible for all third-party billing
- Process on-line payments as well as other deposits as needed
- Update and review informational brochures
- Reconciles monthly payments, accounts receivable holding account, accounts receivable tuition and fee charges, Perkins Accounts, DSSR (direct loan) report
- Reconciles monthly payments for the college payment plan
- Provide external audit assistance in the areas of accounts receivable and financial aid
- Processes vouchers including refund requests and emergency aid.
- Assist with ERP testing
- Prepares and distributes 1098 annual reporting
- Perform other job duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1- 2 years of related work experience required
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong written or verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service and teamwork orientation
- Ability to work with diverse populations
GENERAL INFORMATION: Bridgewater College was founded in 1880 as the first coeducational college in Virginia. Bridgewater offers bachelor’s degrees in approximately 60 majors and minors, along with four graduate programs, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, and teacher licensure. The College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 23 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant residential campus is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, one of the state's lowest crime rates, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLY: Complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu and attach a cover letter, resume and include the names and contact information (email and mobile phone) for three references.
DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Bridgewater College, an equal opportunity provider and employer, is a welcoming and vibrant community committed to supporting a diverse workforce and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation or any characteristic protected by law.
ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT AND ANNUAL FIRE SAFETY REPORT: The Bridgewater College Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report summarizes policies on campus security and personal safety, crime prevention, fire safety, and crime reporting, and includes crime and fire statistics for the past three years: