Dairy Food Manufacturer is looking for a Quality Supervisor to join their team.
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for ensuring timely and effective implementation of all company policies/procedures, and activities in assuring the quality of our dairy products. He/she will maintain close working relationship with other departmental supervisory and managerial personnel in order to comply with the applicable regulatory requirements, identify, solve, and prevent incidents affecting product quality. Including but not limited to:
- Supervise and direct quality assurance & lab technicians who are responsible for enforcing quality standards and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Review documents and records related to quality / manufacturing / cleaning & sanitation, and other policies & procedures to verify compliance.
- Supervise in-house testing laboratory to ensure conformance to corporate and facility laboratory requirements.
- Maintain safe, fair, and professional work environment.
- Ensure good performance by Quality staff by mentoring, training, setting goals, accountability, and performance evaluations. Team Player.
- Establish, implement, and continually improve quality / food safety programs including GMP / Hygiene, HACCP, Allergen Control, Hold & Release, Cleaning & Sanitation, CAPA, Pest Management, Traceability & Recall, Customer Feedback, GFSI Standard, Organic & other System Certifications etc.
- Conduct internal audits and participate in external third party / certification, and regulatory audits / inspections.
- Assist in root cause analysis of product complaints and continual improvement.
- Continually improve and introduce new quality and food safety systems and techniques. Share knowledge, skill, and information with other personnel to improve quality & safety of the products.
- Report Quality and food Safety Management System performance to management.
- Monitor and control departmental budget and costs.
- Coordinate different departments to achieve company objectives.
- Assist in product development activities, new hire orientations, and other training activities facility wide.
- Assists department manager in projects and other duties as directed.
- Education, Training & Certification:Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Food Science or Biological Sciences plus two to three years related experience and / or training. Good understanding of quality testing within dairy / food industry to include analytical, microbiological, and sensory evaluations.
- Reasoning Ability:Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstracts and concrete variables.
- Language skills:Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management.
- Mathematics:Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Computer skills:Basic MS Word / Excel / Power Point
- Strong technical and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, common sense, organizational, prioritization, attention to detail skills.
Training, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Advanced training in HACCP / Food Safety or Quality Management System is required.
Any job related license helpful.