Dairy food manufacturer is looking for a Safety Manager to join their team.
The Safety Manager will review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors. May conduct inspections and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals.
Plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs, requiring application of engineering principles and technology, to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions.
Facilitate the duties required in the prevention, control, and remediation of environmental hazards. Protect the public, environment, and ensure conformance with Federal, State, and local regulations and ordinances. Work may include waste water treatment, site remediation, pollution control, and loss prevention.
Plan and direct policies, procedures, or systems to prevent the loss of assets. Determine risk exposure or potential liability, and develop risk control measures.
The requirements of this position are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree Occupational Safety or Industrial Hygiene or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience related to Industrial EHS and Property Loss.
- Computer software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PowerPoint.
- Chemistry, Biology, and Physics as it relates to EHS and Property Loss Prevention.
- Coordinating, facilitating, managing, and training of others.
- Certification in Safety (Certified Safety Professional), Industrial Hygiene (Certified Industrial Hygienist), or related field preferred.