Senior Maint. Worker (Parks Division)City of Oakdale
CITY OF OAKDALE JOB OPENING!
Senior Maint. Worker (Parks Division)
CITY OF OAKDALE
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Recruitment #: PSD-20-001
Comre join our City of Oakdale FAMILY and be part of the best Public Works Department around! With a great team, rewarding work, and excellent benefits, you can be part of an elite group of highly trained professionals!
Continuous Recruitment - Until Filled
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary $3,874 - $4,648 / PLUS 2% COLA increases in Jul 2020 & Jul 2021.
Performance Pay – 2.5% to 5%
Retirement - CalPERS enrollment. The City does not participate in social security.
Health Insurance – Excellent health benefits including medical, dental vision coverage. City pays $980 per month plus one half of any premium costs in excess of $1050 each month towards medical, dental and vision coverage.
Life Insurance – $20,000 term life policy
Holidays – 12 paid holidays per calendar year
Vacation – 80 hours annually increasing based upon years of service, with annual cash payment option for those with maximum accrual
Sick Leave – Accrues at 8 hours per pay month (96 hours annually) with option to convert up to 24 hours to pay or leave with pay
Uniform Allowance - $200 per year boot allowance
Performs skilled advanced journey level work and provides technical and functional supervision of the work of a crew in the maintenance of streets, water distribution, sewer collection, buildings and other public works areas. This position will work in the Parks Division.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise and direct the work of a crew of maintenance workers in performance of duties at a work site.
- Perform advanced journey level maintenance work assignments on streets, water and sewer lines and other public works.
- Read, understand and apply safety procedures in operating equipment and performing work assignments.
- Operate specialized and motorized equipment used in public works maintenance work.
- Read, understand and implement schematic diagrams and blueprints.
- Establish, maintain effective relationships.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Understand, follow oral and written directions.
- Assignment, direction and oversight of crews working on public works maintenance work.
- Safety procedures in use of tools and equipment and performance of duties.
- Principles and practices of maintenance and repair of streets, water and sewer lines and other public works.
- Pumps, valves and backflow devices.
- Techniques and procedures of basic carpentry, metalworking, masonry, painting, mechanical and electrical work.
- Reading and implementing blue print and schematic directions.
- Use and operation of tools and equipment used in maintenance work.
- Department operations and policies.
- Applicable sections of codes and laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); four years’ experience as a Maintenance Worker II with the City; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
- Obtain a minimum of a Class B driver’s license permit within 90 days of hire and the Class B license within 1 year of hire.
- Equipment operators license if assigned to heavy equipment operations
- Interested and qualified persons are invited to submit a City of Oakdale Application to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As an alternate method, you may also mail your application to City of Oakdale, Attn: HR, 280 North Third Avenue, Oakdale, California, 95361. Additional job information and City Application are available at www.ci.oakdale.ca.us or call (209) 845-3595.
- Following review of the applications, interviews will be scheduled with the candidates whose qualifications most closely match the position.