Learning Technologies Trainer
East Carolina University
Learning Technologies Trainer
Vacancy #: 500429
Recruitment Range: $70,943-$78,825
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview
Information Technology and Computing Services (ITCS) is the central agency that supports enterprise-wide computing at East Carolina University. ITCS, through innovative information technology initiatives and service, provides opportunities for the ECU community to excel in teaching, research, and service using state-of-the-market technology and collaborative environments. ITCS is first and foremost committed to providing excellent information technology support for faculty, staff, and students. ITCS partners with campus departments, other universities, and industry to make strategic investments in information technology infrastructure that will help maintain a competitive advantage in administrative applications, faculty research, and outreach to the state and nation. We will achieve this through increasing the core functions and deploying appropriate technology throughout the university.
Learning Technologies Implementation & Support (LTIS) administers, supports, and provides training, consultations, and resources for the selection, implementation, and use of learning technologies.
In addition to how-to training and technical support, LTIS provides guidance on the why-to and when-to of integrating and using learning technologies to accomplish course objectives and to create meaningful student learning experiences. Team members also collaborate and co-work with subject matter experts and project teams to assist in the development of non-curricular courses, digital content, services, and special programming that require knowledge or use of learning technologies, e-learning authoring tools, etc.
Training and Consulting
- Identify training objectives.
- Develop technical training according to organizational requirements. Includes training outlines, content, presentations, handouts, etc.
- Deliver training/instruction.
- Track training attendance and update participant records in Cornerstone.
- Continually review/update training.
- Conduct research to learn new tools and best practices for training.
- Make recommendations for improvement
- Consult with Client Engagement and Support team members for classroom technology education needs.
- Develop classroom instructional cards, customized email for faculty teaching in specific classrooms, service catalog content, and email newsletter content.
- Provide consultation and training for classroom technology integration.
Planning and Organization:
- Conducts literature reviews and research on training trends. Assesses need to design and develop the learning technologies training program. Conducts formative and summative evaluations and makes recommendations to modify the training program or materials based on the results.
Technology Solutions Development
- This position collaborates with faculty and staff to understand issues they are experiencing and identify solutions that improve or eliminate those issues. The employee solves complex problems as they arise. The employee investigates emerging technologies and platform updates to identify their application and usefulness in an academic setting.
- This position provides technical assistance to faculty, staff, students, and IT professionals in the use of learning technologies. The employee troubleshoots issues and provides support to Distributed IT. During peak times, the employee handles helpdesk tickets for both faculty/staff and students who require technical assistance. The employee consults with vendors to solve problems.
The standard work schedule for this position will need to be adjusted to meet the position requirements, which include and are not limited to evening and weekend hours to perform scheduled and unscheduled workload requirements to maintain University operations.
This position may be eligible for Flexible Work Arrangements (FWA) under the ECU FWA Policy.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Master’s degree in Education, Communication, Instructional Design, Educational Media or Educational Technology and five years of experience in the information technology field related to the area of work is beneficial.
- Experience developing training focused on the use of learning technologies and best practices that support the effective integration of instructional applications.
- Experience delivering training (face-to-face, virtual and e-learning, etc.) focused on the use of learning technologies and best practices that support the effective integration of instructional applications.
- Experience conducting evaluations and making recommendations to modify the training program or materials based on the results.
- Knowledge and experience supporting faculty using the following teaching modes: face-to-face, online, hybrid, hyflex .
- Knowledge and understanding of classroom technology hardware and software.
- Experience providing technical support for learning technologies.
- Experience assisting faculty with using and implementing learning technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both oral and written.
Special Instructions to Applicant
- East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates must also submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Additional Instructions to Applicant
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Application Types Accepted
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 500429 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
ECU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/64780