Manager of Academic Support Services
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Manager of Academic Support Services to join our team of professionals.
- Responsible for the implementation and ongoing programmatic reviews of all academic programs (MD, PhD, GCP, MPAS and combined degree programs) for the Office of Institutional Knowledge Management (IKM).
- Assists in determining what academic and clinical data within an organization qualifies as knowledge as opposed to information, and which knowledge is valuable toward achieving the goals of the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM).
- Works with stakeholders to define and implement appropriate tools for the Office of Institutional Knowledge Management (IKM) within HWCOM, and monitors progress, sustainability and adherence to data submissions.
- Supports the build out and ensures data is shared across academic programmatic teams.
- Approaches performance as a quality improvement effort, by delivering improved learning, collaboration, and knowledge sharing into the culture of the HWCOM.
- Serves on numerous academic program committees, coordinating the goals of each committee in alignment with the goals of HWCOM.
- Assists in developing guidelines and program objectives.
- Supports the Office of IKM innovation and ideas through research of best practices.
- Coordinates the implementation and on-going review of the Office of IKM programs and initiatives.
- Participates in the oversight of HWCOM's records management protocols and systems, including management of knowledge life cycles.
- Manages the collection of historical documentation / artifacts.
- Provides support regarding the collection of accreditation and strategic planning documentation.
- Manages internal and outbound document editing.
- Liaises with HWCOM Information Technology regarding the development of infrastructure, and collection, storage, and retrieval of data. Determine technology needs.
- Collaborates with HWCOM Information Technology in developing and managing users access to the Knowledge Management tool and assist others with specific requirements and demands regarding their access to the information, potential simulation and building their capacities to use the tool independently.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree and four (4) years of appropriate experience, or Master's degree and two (2) years of experience.
Previous experience managing projects within higher education.
Experience in collaborating with various stakeholders.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOBID: 527682. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.