Senior Project Manager - Student Access & Success (526757)
Florida International University is classified by Carnegie as a R1: Doctoral Universities - Highest Research Activity and recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers 196 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, computer science, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes almost $9 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded more than 220,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU@I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU’s Medina Aquarius Program houses the Aquarius Reef Base, a unique underwater research facility in the Florida Keys. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
Senior Project Manager – Student Access & Success (526757)
Leads complex, multi-disciplinary, strategic planning in support of Student Access & Success (SAS) comprehensive offering of student support programs and pathways. Manages the allocation of central resources to maximize the effectiveness of programs as well as students' engagement.
- Determines the allocation of university and department resources required to support the effective operations of Student Access & Success (SAS) programs and makes appropriate recommendations to SAS leadership.
- Manages the assignment of students to success coach caseloads and PantherSoft student groups. Coordinates Panther Success Network (PSN) campaigns across programs for all undergraduate SAS students.
- Develops department-wide data collection strategy related to student participation, survey design and distribution, and other relevant program inputs and outputs for the department. Disseminates data to program directors and coaches according to necessary action and manages appropriate follow-up. Analyzes feedback and follow-up data to create improvement plans for SAS service delivery.
- Works with Analysis & Information Management, Office of the Registrar, Information Technology, other relevant campus partners to create and maintain dashboards, queries, and other tools that support the department's data tracking and analysis needs.
- Curates a proactive communication calendar and manages the dissemination of communications to students and other relevant constituencies.
- Completes annual year-end reports related to SAS logic model inputs, outputs, student learning outcomes, and impact.
- Assists with the implementation and processing of external grant applications for the Office of Student Access & Success as well as providing support in the preparation of grant proposals, performance and continuation reports to the funding agencies and other university departments.
- Provides supervision to program support staff and student employees.
Bachelor's degree in a related field with four (4) years of project and/or management experience.
- Advanced degree in higher education, public administration, business, or a related field.
- Experience in project management and/or program administration in an educational setting.
- Experience in Higher Education.
$65,000 - $70,000
- Begin time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 5:00 PM
Criminal Background Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and at locations outside of the University
- Ability to Travel to FIU Locations and/or FIU Campuses.
- Cover letter required.
For further information or to apply, please visit http://careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 526757
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.