Vehicle Service Manager (530480)
Vehicle Service Manager
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Ther Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Vehicle Service Manager to join our team of professionals.
- Manages repairs and/or upgrading of the Mobile Clinics between the College of Medicine and vendors. Creates various new relationships with vendors, manufacturers, and service providers. Obtains repair, service, and upgrade estimates from vendors and service providers. Monitors maintenance, hours, and service expenditures of all vehicles. Constantly seeks out cost saving measures and upgrades for Mobile Health Center operations.
- Manages the vehicle schedule for the Mobile Health Centers. Conducts training and orientation for all new drivers and paramedics. Follows proper vehicle operations and protocols. Trains and stays after-hours MHC incident response.
- Manages temperature control equipment for vaccines to include knowledge on proper handling and storage of vaccines as well as monitor the control equipment for accuracy on all mobiles.
- Maintain a medical and o¿ce supply list with quantities and item numbers and reviews with Mobile Health Center team for accuracy and appropriate stock of inventory. Coordinates the purchasing of supplies, repairs, and mobile upgrades with the proper leadership team.
- Acts as the lead for disaster planning development and implementation for the Mobile Health Centers. Coordinates safety training and procedures with NeighborhoodHELP Safety FIU Police Dispatch, and Environmental Health and Safety department
- Develops programs and procedures for preventive maintenance, security, service, daily operation of mobile clinics and emergency response. Creates and maintains programs and procedures for drivers/ paramedics operating the Mobile Health Centers.
- Coordinates/maintains records of all IT equipment on Mobile Clinics
- Manages the maintenance and service for all Mobile Clinics, specialized Vehicles and Equipment. Solves IT and A/V-related issues and coordinates needed repairs with College of Medicine IT department and/or UTS. Conducts monthly and quarterly audits of maintenance and service records. Ensures that all proper documentation is maintained and liaises with van component manufacturer ensures warranties are met. Assists with grant funding reporting as it relates to the Mobile Health Center repairs.
- Coordinates daily/weekly/monthly services for septic removal, hazardous waste removal and interior/exterior cleaning for all mobile health centers.
- Creates vehicle maintenance spreadsheet and tracks progress. Reviews and reconciles invoices (vehicle maintenance, driver, and cleaning services, septic, hazardous waste, panic alarms etc.) with the Assistant Director of Finance.
- Reviews and signs all Mobile Health Center logs including mileage, generator hours, septic services, cleaning services, etc. Ensures information is completed for review by leadership.
- Implementation and ongoing management of the Mobile Health Center use and logistics for events, requests, fairs, natural and man-made disasters, emergencies, and daily operations.
- Collects and processes accident /police reports for all Mobile Health Centers and informs Clinical Director of all such incidents.
- Performs essential duties in emergencies such as hurricanes, storms, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification from a department administrator.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Ensures compliance with university policies and regulations, HWCOM policies, managed care organizations, governmental and commercial payers, and regulatory and other agencies and entities governing healthcare delivery including but not limited to CLIA, AHCA, and OSHA.
High school diploma and six (6) years of appropriate experience. Vocational School training in auto mechanics. Automotive training and several years of experience as a technician are common requirements; in some cases, automotive sales managers may make a transition to service management.
National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence.
Medical background preferred.
Knowledge of the Recreational Vehicle (Motorhome type) industry, and repair practices.
ASE certifications and/or automotive technical training or experience.
Valid Florida CDL - Class B, if not, willing to train and obtain CDL certification.
Inventory tracking experience
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 530480.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.