WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER
FINANCIAL INFO SVCS AGENCY
Job Posting Notice
Job ID 535192 # of Positions 1
Business Title WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER
Civil Service Title IT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Title Code No 95714 Level 00
Title Classification Non-Competitive
Proposed Salary Range $110,000.00 - $115,000.00 (Annual)
Work Location 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit Ops/Tech Syst Web App
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been
granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this
requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received
and approved by the hiring agency.
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Web Application Developer who will
provide support of production and development environments for our city wide automated time keeping system
(CITYTIME). Primary Responsibilities include perform activities related to technical design, coding and unit
testing of enhancements and defect corrections for the City's time keeping system CityTime. Work will require
strong client-side programming skills, and responsibility for building out our front-end UI. We are looking for a
highly motivated individual.
- Good Knowledge in using SQL in Oracle.
- Have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and
four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud
engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience
related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
XML/XSUXSLT, AJAX, HTML, Apache Struts, CSS, jQuery.
- 5+ years of experience with Junit, Jsunit or Selenium testing framework.
- Strong knowledge of Java Skills.
- Design/Architect web based applications.
- Propose/Provide solutions to complex requirements.
- Strong knowledge of J2EE and EJBs.
- Resolve complex performance issues for web based applications using state of the art technologies (AJAX,
Responsive Design, etc).
- 3+ or more years working with at least one of the following application servers: JBoss, Tomcat, BEA
Weblogic, IBM WebSphere.
The City of New York offers a comprehensive set of benefits and programs to employees, including health
insurance, pension plan, Deferred Compensation Plan (with 457, 401K and Roth IRA options), pre-tax
Commuter Benefit program, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts programs and more. Additional benefits such
as prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, vision care benefits and more are also available through
District Council 37 – Local 2627, the union that represents employees in this title.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 535192. Current NYC
employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given
consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
35 hours weekly/Day
New York City Residency is not required for this position
POSTING DATE 06/13/2022 POST UNTIL Until Filled
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and
providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or
protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.