P&F Metals has an exciting opening for a Project Engineer.
P&F Metals in Turlock is expanding its Engineering Department and looking for a strong “Project Engineer”. P&F Metals offers tremendous growth and career opportunities within its family of companies. We offer terrific benefits, full medical, paid vacations, 401k with company participation and more.
P&F Metals serves A-List clients in the Food and Beverage, Agriculture and Industrial arenas. The ideal candidate, is a highly trained engineer with a proven history of project management. You’ll need to be an outstanding communicator, an exceptional leader, and a proven strategist. You’ll ultimately responsible for maintaining P&F Metal’s standard of excellence and delivering projects with the utmost attention to safety and quality.
Pay Range: $32 - $52 per hour - depending on experience
Under the general direction of the Engineer Department Manager, the Project Engineer will design, create drawings, and coordinate activities to ensure project is completed in accordance with customer specifications. Lay out complete project and prepare assembly and detail drawings for project fabrication and installation. Act as customer liaison from project inception to completion.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
• Act as a primary customer contact and follow up with customer frequently during project design, fabrication and installation.
• Prepare layouts, assembly, and detail drawings per customer specifications, using various databases, including AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Prepare initial drawings, develop Project Change Order Estimates, as needed and assist in developing project schedules, according to customer specifications.
• Analyze various design requirements and recommend possible solutions or alternate constructions.
• Prepare detailed design drawings for fabrication and assembly to fulfill customer needs and direct fabrication and installation.
• Prepare documents and correspondences as needed for each project.
• Work with field and shop crews as needed to create specific drawings to ensure project concept understanding and layout. Develop installation drawings.
• Write parts required for orders, necessary rental equipment and other items needed for installation crews to complete the job.
• Work with Fabrication Shop and Field Department during assembly and disassembly to ensure project is on track and moving forward according to plan.
• Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities and resolving problems.
• Maintain project database by updating system for all associated costs and changes. Monitor cost projections and report on any variances.
• Always work safely and abide by P&F Metals safety policy as well as observe safety procedures and correct potentially unsafe conditions or immediately report to the appropriate person if unable to correct.
• Other duties as directed, assigned or instructed.
Any combination of experience and education that would prepare the candidate for the duties and responsibilities of the position are acceptable.
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
• Training in industrial technology, mechanical drawing, mathematics, blueprint reading is highly desirable.
• One (1) to three (3) years experience in dismantling, moving, repairing, and installation of material handling equipment, conveyance and elevating equipment, and processing equipment.
• Three (3) year experience in AutoCAD and/or drafting is highly desired.
• Customer service experience is a plus.
• Work well with various personalities and effectively bring a team together to produce desired results.
• Ability to understand how a machine functions and to assemble and disassemble it properly.
• Ability to create blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures, construct foundations and assemble, dismantle and overhaul machinery and equipment.
• Follow verbal and oral directions.
• Fill out all necessary paperwork daily and weekly, including timekeeping, material usage, etc.
• Work independently without direct supervision.
• Work closely with co-workers and other site contractors in a professional and respectful manner.
• Understand and follow mathematical concepts.
• Write technical reports and descriptive narratives for direction and or communication.
• Structural Steel and similar assemblies.
• Material Handling Systems.
• OSHA and safety regulations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• AutoCAD or similar drafting program.
• Estimating projects and determining total costs, including labor and overhead.
• Operations of Management Pursuit Software Applications.
• Material Handling Systems.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• A valid California Class C Driver's License and the ability to maintain insurability.
• Abide by all P&F Metal’s policies, guidelines and safety rules