HVAC/R Assistant Service Manager
Seeking an HVAC/R Assistant Service Manager to assist our Service Manager in assuring customer satisfaction by maintaining a high quality, timely level of service. Additionally, they will assist in ensuring company’s financial growth and profitability by coordinating with technical and administrate teams to effectively manage business operations.
- Independently complete quotes for customers in a timely manner.
- Provide oversight to ensure each job is done on time and within budget.
In addition, assist the Senior Service Manager with the following tasks:
- Communicate openly and effectively with internal office staff to ensure all jobs are billed correctly and dispatches are scheduled appropriately.
- Ensure work is complete in a timely manner using office resources as needed to communicate updates with clients.
- Ensure the most effective time and use of company resources to meet customer needs.
- Ensure client satisfaction in all jobs performed by the company.
- Ensure operation of a quality after hours emergency On Call service program
- Monitor and control job/project costs to meet original estimate or budget
- Assist the senior service manager with recruiting, hiring, terminating, training and evaluating of the service department personnel.
- Organize training and run regular meetings to include, but not limited to, workload monitoring, customer service issues, safety discussions, company policies.
- Work with senior service manager to continuously evaluate technical ability of technicians; create and implement training programs to aid in their advancement.
- Work with senior service manager to ensure safety within the department; ensuring technical training in the field is sufficient and safety protocols are being adhered to. This includes but not limited to compliance with state and federal regulatory guidelines for workplace safety, as well as refrigerant handling.
- Work with senior service manager and warehouse team to perform regular reviews of all inventory in work vehicles and at the warehouse to ensure inventory is accurately reflected in field management software.
- Assist in conducting regular fleet inspections to ensure technicians are consistently presenting a well-maintained advertisement of the company, as well as a safe organized work environment.
- Ensure all technicians are performing at acceptable margins on each job; coordinate with the senior service manager and executive/human resources team and implement corrective action when necessary to include verbal and written warnings for employees not meeting this goal.
- Other duties as assigned by senior management and/or senior executive team.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to manage field technicians work and their schedules
- Ability to provide technical support to both field and administrative teams necessary in the normal course of business (Must have strong HVAC and refrigeration technical skillset)
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioners, refrigeration and heating.
- Data entry and reporting skills
- Ability to understand the customers’ needs
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong professionalism and teamwork
- Ability to build long-term relationships with clients
- Ability to work 40 hours (or more per week) with the ability to work nights, weekends and holiday if necessary for continued successful operations of the firm.
- High School, GED or suitable equivalent
- Vocational, training or apprenticeship of HVAC program
- Qualified candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of field experience. At least 1 year in a HVAC/Refrigeration supervisory role.
Required License or Certification:
- EPA Universal Certification
- Valid Driver’s License with clean DMV record