University Assistant - Institutional Advancement
This is a temporary, part-time position, which may be renewed at the discretion of the University.
Hours/Week: 19 hours per week. The UA is expected to work 19 hours per week. The exact schedule will be established between the Supervisor and the successful applicant to meet the needs of the department.
Southern Connecticut State University is a diverse and student-centered university dedicated to academic excellence, access, and service for the public good. Southern provides a supportive and welcoming environment for all members of its community through a campus wide commitment to social justice.
Founded as a teachers college in 1893, Southern has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive public university of more than 10,000 students, offering graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. The University is located in New Haven, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston.
Advancement Services supports and enhances the friend-raising and fundraising efforts of the University. The Advancement Services Department needs a University assistant to help with inputting records and maintain data in our Raiser's Edge development database. Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Input current contact information for new constituents & update current data such as address, telephone, email changes. Code all outgoing solicitations with appeal codes.
- Enter donations into Raisers Edge (database) into appropriate constituent records – analysis of each donor record to ensure duplicate records are not created.
- Assist with organization of gifts for specific appeals. This requires extensive knowledge of excel, multiple excel files, advanced Raisers edge database experience required.
- Assist with the build and maintenance of excel templates and spreadsheets for imports into database (must be able to use additional software tools such as import-o-matic).
- Process and assist with coordination of event registrations in Raisers edge
- Assist with general database maintenance. When asked by supervisor, the duties would include:
- Tracking of returned mail (multi step process within excel and Raisers edge database).
- Remove duplicate constituents.
- Update student attributes such as athletics, clubs, positions held and other activities in order to solicit alumni in specific areas of interest. This involves using multiple queries in database.
- Remove non-donor parent and student records.
- Assist with E-invitations to events and newsletters mailed.
- Provides assistance/training to other University Assistants as required.
- Other duties as needed.
Preferred Qualifications, Experience, Requirements
B.S./B.A. degree preferred. Successful candidate must be responsible, detail oriented and well organized. Strong computer skills and ability to handle strictly confidential information.
Depending on experience and credentials, the hourly wage range is $18 - $23/hour.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, résumé, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Expected start date is as soon as possible.