Quality Services, Compliance/Risk ManagerStanislaus County
Stanislaus County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services is recruiting for a Quality Services, Compliance/Risk Manager (Manager III).
About the Department and the Position
This recruitment is being conducted to fill a vacancy for the Behavioral Health & Recovery Services Department and establish an eligible list to fill future full-time vacancies.
Oral examinations are tentatively scheduled for the week of February 12, 2018.
Cell phones are typically incompatible with the online application format or browser. We recommend using a desktop or laptop computer. If you are still having technical difficulties, please call NEOGOV at 1-855-524-5627.
About The Department
Behavioral Health & Recovery Services (BHRS), under the administrative direction of the Chief Executive Officer and subject to the policy of the Board of Supervisors, is responsible for providing or arranging for the provision of an array of specialized behavioral health services for residents in and around Stanislaus County.
As part of the Mental Health Services Act, the Stanislaus County Behavioral Health & Recovery Services Department has a State-approved Workforce Education and Training Plan (WE&T Plan). This WE&T Plan also references the Welfare and Institutions Code Section 5820 - 5822 and provides that administrative structures are in place to support long-term workforce development that actively outreaches to support career pathways and also ensure barriers are reduced or eliminated for consumers, and family members who wish to enter the publicly-funded behavioral health workforce. Candidates with lived experience as a consumer or a family member of a consumer of behavioral health services are highly encouraged to apply.
About The Position
The incumbent will have responsibility for the oversight of the Quality Services, Compliance and Risk Management functions with BHRS. Reporting to the Senior Leader Manager IV, this individual will oversee the Department's Quality Services and Organizational Compliance Plan including ensuring that the necessary monitoring and training is in place to guarantee compliance, developing reporting processes for noncompliance issues and investigating of reports of noncompliance. This individual will monitor all Quality Services activities including, audits, peer reviews, process improvement projects and documentation training. In addition, this individual will have oversight for Department Risk Management functions, including the coordination of internal investigations associated with complaints, incidents, adverse incidents, risk assessments, and the development of reporting process for noncompliance issues, the investigation of reports of noncompliance, the development of training for staff and contractors and other duties as assigned.
- Assist high-level department managers in the planning, management and implementation of the compliance plan;
- Assist high-level department managers in the monitoring of Risk Management and Quality Services activities;
- Receive and investigate reports of non-compliance and risk;
- Keep current on changes in Federal, State and local laws, regulations, rules and guidelines;
- Assign and review the work of others;
- Develop processes to monitor compliance with Quality Services and Risk Management procedures;
- Develop and implement effective employee feedback processes, which encourage employees to report problems;
- Conduct internal audits and risk assessments;
- Develop and participate in training programs regarding the Department's compliance, Quality Services and Risk Management Plan;
- Monitor contractors' adherence to organizational compliance, Quality Services and Risk Management policies and procedures;
- Report activities to the Compliance Committee, Quality Management Team and Workplace Violence Committee;
- Periodically (at least annually) update the organizational compliance plan; and,
- Coordinate with Human Resources, and others, on background investigations, credentialing processes and disciplinary policy as they relate to compliance policies.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Ability, Knowledge, Education/Experience)
- Plan, organize and direct the work of staff;
- Organizational skills;
- Develop and facilitate training programs;
- Coordinate and conduct internal audits and risk assessments;
- Conduct research and organize information;
- Understand, interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations as they relate to assigned area of responsibility;
- Use a Total Quality Management (TQM) process in all aspects of program planning and implementation;
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, to present findings and recommendations to both individuals and large groups;
- Establish and implement goals and objectives;
- Assist in developing and writing policies and procedures;
- Prepare reports and other documentation in a clear, succinct and effective manner;
- Be innovative and flexible in managing program operations and problem solving; and
- Bilingual skills are highly desirable.
- Principles and practices of supervision and management;
- Regulatory/compliance matters;
- Modern office practices and procedures, including business correspondence;
- Risk assessments;
- Basic statistical methods used for management analysis;
- Departmental organization and operations;
- Multicultural skills, knowledge and experience;
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) principles;
- Use of cultural competency principles on organizational and service delivery levels;
- Electronic Health Record and database reports; and,
- Computer applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Access and mainframe systems).
- Master's or Doctoral degree in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling or RN license received from an accredited institution; AND
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage Family Therapist, RN; AND
- Possess at least one (1) year of experience comparable to a Manager II; OR
- Possess at least one (1) year of experience in supervision in a large public or private human services organization performing work as described above.
Applicants must possess and maintain a valid California Driver's License and remain free from repeated preventable accidents.
Application and Selection Procedures
Unless otherwise provided, this position is part of the Unclassified Service of the County and considered "at will" for labor relations purposes.
The individual selected will participate in the Stanislaus County Pay-for-Performance program, as well as receive additional benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The County of Stanislaus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to submit online application(s) for open position(s).
Stanislaus County is committed to establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, supervisors, and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy-related condition, marital status, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (over 40), political affiliation or belief, or military or veteran status.
Final filing date: 5:00 pm on January 29, 2018.