Mechanic/ Electrician- Stanislaus Food Products
Stanislaus Food Products is a nationally recognized, family-owned company known for crafting the finest Italian-style tomatoes and sauces for top-quality Italian restaurants and pizzerias. We currently have an opening in our Maintenance Department.
If you like taking pride in the quality of your work and prefer working on a team of talented individuals which shares your passion for excellence, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
Primary Duties: Electrical
Full responsibility under the Superintendent, Supervisor, Head Electrician or Head Mechanic for the efficiency and safety of others, plant electrical circuits, equipment and also:
- Able to read, understand and troubleshoot using electrical schematics and ladder logic.
- Able to troubleshoot P L C’s.
- Thorough understanding of 3 phase power and its distribution.
- Thorough understanding of 120vac circuits and pneumatic controls with ability to repair.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair relay circuits.
- Has a good understanding of the N.E.C (National Electric Code)
- Able to layout and bend conduit accurately and to N.E.C specifications
- Able to do basic load calculations
- Complete tasks such as installation of motors, switches, switch panels, fuse boxes, lighting fixtures and controls, testing electrical & power circuits and any other electrical devices.
- Determine proper size and specifications of wire, conduit, switches, panels, fuse, ect.
- Able to perform running adjustments and corrections.
- Inspect motors, switches, junction boxes, switch panels, circuit breakers, transformers, fuse panels, lighting, heating, power circuits and any other electrical devices.
- Work safely using PPE (personal protective equipment) and LOTO (lock out tag out).
- Trained in ARC flash safety and risk avoidance.
- Need excellent communication skills between management, supervisors and co-workers.
- Must be able to communicate, read and write in English.
- Able to fill out forms and part order requests with legible handwriting.
- Subject to test.
Primary Duties: Mechanical
- Able to do layout work from sketches and drawings.
- Able to Mig, Tig and Arc weld from various positions and angles.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of labelers, case packaging, palletizing equipment and stretch wrap systems.
- Able to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on all equipment within the distribution center.
- Able to cut, form and assemble parts to construct machinery and equipment.
- Locate line up and anchor machinery
- Identify maintenance parts and supplies used in the department and report when low using parts request form.
- Test and time all the packaging and labeling machinery.
- Consult with supervision on needed repairs and changes.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical assemblies.
- Must follow all safety rules.
- Must use all safety PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Able to make decisions and work as a self- starter.
- Must be a team player able to get along with co-workers and management.
- Familiarity with the following equipment would be helpful: Douglas case packer, Alvey palletizer, Whallon depalletizer, Wulftec stretch wrap systems and Mettler Toledo hi speed checkweighter.
- May make repairs on electrical systems of automotive equipment.
- May carry out training assignments in the particular department with respect to designated trainees.
- Must be familiar with Cal OSHA requirements.
- Subject to test.
Pay and Benefits:
In addition to our solid track record as a stable, growing employer.
- Our highly competitive wage and benefits package is negotiated with Teamsters.