The State University of New York (SUNY) System Administration, located in Albany, New York, is searching for an educational Impact Analyst to provide leadership for assessing and demonstrating the impact of SUNY's online education activities. The Impact Analyst works closely and collaboratively with campus leaders, online and student support staff, SUNY Online Education (all programs), and the staff in the Provost's Office (writ large) to connect and leverage existing assessment or impact activities to support and advance online education.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary contact for online education campus leads to establish mechanisms to assess the outcomes and/or impacts of online educational programs, service and initiatives.
- Serve as co-lead or co-facilitator for SUNY initiatives related to research, impact, and student outcomes assessment including the SUNY Online Student Success Inventory (SOSSI), the SUNY PIF Early Alerts Community of Practice, and Impact/Assessment for SUNY Online Education Programs.
- Serve as a member of the SUNY Online Enrollment Planning Roundtable campus engagement team to provide data and perspectives on campus enrollment, projected employment data and trends, benchmarking, and comparable campus awards.
- Work with campuses to define and facilitate research initiatives that support SUNY's priorities for online learning and provide evidence to inform decisions around support and services needed to achieve and sustain quality in online learning.
- Represent SUNY on the SUNY Council on Assessment.
- Establish a process for ongoing assessment and continuous improvement of SUNY online activities that is connected to SUNY System strategic planning and annual budget/resource allocation.
- Work with the SUNY online education leads in each service area to use metrics to define the intended outcome for each service/initiative.
- Produce high quality impact reports to illustrate the impacts of SUNY services and initiatives.
- Oversee data collection activities across SUNY, including working with SUNY's Institutional Research office to leverage data already being provided by campuses through SIRIS.
- Identify additional and refine existing mechanisms for collecting or mining data to assess the outcomes or impacts of each service/initiative.
- Work with appropriate vendors and the SUNY Procurement Office on procurements for products or services related to impact and assessment.
- Serve as a member of the SUNY Online Leadership Team, actively contributing to SUNY Online Education's strategic planning activities.
- Master's degree from an accredited higher education institution
- A minimum of 3-5 years' experience commensurate with responsibilities of the position
- Experience and ability to assess impact of programs and services
- Experience in creation of survey instruments and assessments mechanisms
- Ability to manage large sets of data
- Experience with Hadoop, Tableau or other data analytics software
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities effectively with strong organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Higher education experience preferred.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online: http://sunysystem.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=145222
State University of New York System Administration is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or retaliation.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org