Account Executive (45k-65k DOQ) + Commission
Salary: Guaranteed base salay (45k-65k DOQ) + Commission
McClatchy is seeking a driven salesperson to join our forward-thinking Advertising Sales Team! The ideal candidate for this outside sales position is local to the communities that The Modesto Bee serves.
The Modesto Bee is the premier source of news and information serving its primary market of Stanislaus County and the surrounding region, which includes southern San Joaquin County, Merced County, Tuolumne County, Calaveras County, and parts of Mariposa County. Located in California’s Central Valley, Modesto is the business center of a fertile agricultural economy, with almonds, walnuts, milk, and poultry the leading commodities. Modesto is home to the headquarters of the E. & J. Gallo Winery, the world’s largest winery, and is the birthplace of filmmaker George Lucas, creator of Star Wars and Indiana Jones.
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, helps clients grow by creating sophisticated, measurable ways for local businesses and national advertisers to connect with desirable audiences in local markets and across the country. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
Click here to learn a little about us: http://bit.ly/This_Is_McClatchy
Our Account Executives drive multi-media sales revenue from local accounts, following a defined sales process. Successful Account Executives strive to understand a customer's needs and craft customized solutions for them, often with a focus on digital marketing. Account Executives understand our unique set of solutions and can drive results for their customers, resulting in successful marketing campaigns.
- Retain and grow current account base
- Prospect and acquire new customers utilizing the Core 4+ Sales Process
- Conduct meetings with prospective customers, completing a thorough needs analysis
- Develop customized proposals based on a customer's needs
- Present and close proposals
- Work with our client success team to ensure client goals/expectations are met
- Regularly meet and exceed meeting thresholds set by leaders
- Utilize AdPoint as an organizational tool
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1-3 years of experience in sales (specifically media sales, preferred, but not required).
- The ideal candidate will have proven track record of surpassing sales goals and the ability to manage a geographic territory.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethics.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as provide excellent customer service.
- Must have a valid driver's license