General Winery WorkerThe Wine Group
Job Description: Temporary position for the grape harvest season. Under limited supervision, this position performs general winery work, including; hooking grape trucks; sanitizing tanks, hoses, and pipelines; assisting other personnel; general cleaning and other winery related tasks. May work with corrosive chemicals, and at heights up to 50ft.
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Ability to work any shift, plus overtime as required by the company.
- Ability to work with limited direct supervision, which includes the ability to use independent judgment regarding work tasks.
- Ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directives. The employee must be able to read and understand verbal and written English.
- Ability to train another worker in routine work responsibilities of the job.
- Ability to perform repetitious lifting of weights up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting, such as sweeping, scooping up debris, pulling weeds, using a shovel, using water hoses for wash-down of grounds or buildings, using painting equipment, power washer, all general housekeeping and cleaning tasks, including paint equipment.
- Ability to work at heights up to 50 feet.
- Ability to work outside and subject to current weather conditions.
- Ability to maintain cooperative relations with co-workers and management.
- Must have attention to safety and attendance.
- Ability to remain alert and to operate all machinery and equipment and perform job tasks in a safe and efficient manner to prevent injury to the employee and himself/herself and others in the employee's work area.
- Will perform other essential job functions as required.