SEASONAL GENERAL WINERY WORKERS
SEASONAL GENERAL WINEY WORKERS
Under limited supervision, the Seasonal General Winery Worker performs general winery work, including hooking grape trucks, sanitizing equipment, assisting other personnel, general cleaning, and other winery related tasks. May work with corrosive chemicals, and at heights up to 50ft. This is a seasonal position for the harvest season, approximately July – October/November. Must have an interest in a role involving heavy lifting and sanitizing/cleaning in a cellar and outdoor environment. Labor experience involving consistent heavy lifting is a plus! Flexibility to work all 3 shifts (day, swing, graveyard) is helpful, but we are willing to assign preferred shifts if able/available. Must have a positive attitude, good work ethic, and work well in a team-oriented environment.
*Additional Stay Pay Bonus opportunity for staying the entire harvest season!*
- Performing general winery work, including hooking grape trucks, sanitizing tanks, hoses, and pipelines, assisting other personnel, and general cleaning.
- Perform winery tasks including sweeping, scooping up debris, pulling weeds, using a shovel, using water hoses for wash-down of grounds or buildings, using painting equipment, power washer, all general housekeeping and cleaning tasks, and painting equipment.
- Work with limited direct supervision and use independent judgment regarding work tasks.
- Comprehend and carry out oral and written directives.
- Train another worker in routine work responsibilities of the job.
- Perform repetitious lifting of weights up to 60 lbs.
- Maintain cooperative relations with co-workers and management. Must have an excellent safety record, attendance record and work performance record.
- Remain alert and operate all machinery and equipment and perform job tasks in a safe and efficient manner to prevent injury to the employee and himself/herself and others in the employee’s work area.
- Will perform other essential job functions as required.
- Must be 18 or older at time of hire
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
- Preferred: 1+ years of experience involving consistent heavy lifting.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Must be able to comprehend and carry out written and verbal orders.
- Ability to work during the harvest season on any shift, plus overtime as required by the company.
- The employee must be able to read and understand verbal and written English.
- Must be able to pass all applicable testing.
- Physical Strength: Active work; Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs., occasionally.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in a production and outdoors environment.
- Ability to work at heights up to 50 feet.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to pass a fit test and medical clearance to utilize a variety of personal respirators for chemical protection. Company policy requires employees with this requirement remain clean shaven while working to ensure proper respirator fit.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.