Administrative Program Support 1 (#497117)
The Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics at the University of Connecticut is seeking an individual with demonstrated skill and experience in administrative procedures and experience communicating with diverse populations, including students, administrative professionals, faculty, and many others. The successful candidate will be efficient, process-oriented, organized, and precise. The successful candidate will support and report to the Department's Administrative Program Support 3, with responsibilities that include supporting academic administrative functions and maintaining Department web pages and promotional materials. The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented person with creative energy who values community, inclusion, excellence, and strategic growth.
The Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics (ARE) is a lively, welcoming, supportive, and inclusive community of undergraduate and graduate students from around the world, postdoctoral scholars, and award-winning faculty. The Department focuses on the economics of the food system, sustainable growth and development, environmental and natural resource economics and policy, economics of energy and climate change, and other real-world problems seen through the lens of economics, people, and policy. UConn's ARE Department ranks among the top 25 Agricultural and Resource Economics Research Institutions worldwide and is 17th among Agricultural and Resource Economics Departments at universities in the United States.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support and assistance to staff, and faculty on matters relating to administrative procedures.
- Provide support and assistance to students in departmental programs.
- Support administrative functions of the Undergraduate and Graduate Committees, keeping abreast of reportable progress achieved in these programs, and disseminating information as requested.
- Develop and maintain marketing and promotional efforts for departmental undergraduate and graduate academic programs, using social media and University communication platforms.
- Assist with the development and placement of promotional material and advertisements online and in print ensuring compliance with University branding standards; regularly update content on the Department's social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) and contribute and publish content to social media outlets.
- Respond to prospective student inquiries for programs, and provide information to students regarding academic forms and department policies and procedures.
- Serve as a resource to the public and assist with student recruiting activities.
- Assist with the planning, execution, and advertisement of the Department's academic, research, recruiting, and alumni relations events.
- Assist with processing undergraduate and graduate fellowships.
- Monitor office supply inventory, coordinate maintenance for office equipment, track controllable property, and process inventory documentation for proper disposal of surplus.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute events to include space, food, publicity, travel, and other technical and administrative logistics.
- Assist with human resource and payroll functions.
- Assist with purchasing functions.
- Maintain electronic databases, student, and departmental records which include confidential information, archive and coordinate storage and destruction of departmental files according to State's Record Retention Disposition Schedule.
- Serve as the primary departmental resource for guidance and assistance to faculty, staff, and students in all matters pertaining to University-required travel; coordinate travel arrangements for visitors and process reimbursements for visitor travel.
- Maintain calendars for seminar and meeting rooms. Assist with arrangements for events, catering, room reservations, and pre-approvals.
- Associate's degree and 2-3 years of experience in a responsible administrative support position, which demonstrates knowledge of administrative methods, OR equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting while regularly exercising judgment regarding administrative detail and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven ability to establish a good working relationship with coworkers and a variety of constituents, inside and outside the University.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Clear, positive, and professional written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience working at a university or in a collegiate setting.
- Experience with Kuali/KFS/KFDM, Husky Buy, PeopleSoft, Concur, or similar enterprise systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with communication technologies, including experience with social media platforms and website maintenance.
- Familiarity with policies and procedures related to Procurement and Travel at the University of Connecticut.
- Experience working with people from diverse academic, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds.
This is a full-time, twelve-month, UCPEA staff position with an excellent benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience, ranging from low to mid $40s. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497117 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references (including title, organization/company, phone, and e-mail).
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on January 13, 2023.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.