The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking applications for an Executive Assistant for the College of Business. This is a full-time, permanent staff position.
Salary: $48,453 - $59,221
Primary Purpose of Position:
The major purpose of this position is to provide executive, administrative, and personal support to the Dean of the Belk College of Business. The individual in this position will serve as “right hand” to the Dean. This position leads, manages, and oversees multiple Dean’s Office projects, events, and activities. The position is defined and impacted by non-routine tasks and activities along with a strong working relationship with the Dean and coordination of a wide range of support activities. In addition, this role serves as a resource to the Belk College Sr. Associate Dean / Associate Deans / Chairs / Directors and Faculty in regards to the Dean’s processes, policies, and strategic goals for the College.
Graduation from high school and three years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience; or graduation of a two-year secretarial science or business administration program and one year of experience as described above; or graduation from a four-year college or university, preferably with major emphasis on Business administration or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Essential Job Duties:
Provide administrative support to the Dean of the Belk College of Business, including:
- Project and event management.
- Written and verbal communication with high-level stakeholders, Belk College faculty and staff, and other internal and external constituents.
- Calendar management.
- Preparation and editing of reports and other materials for the Dean.
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Prior experience in higher education directly supporting an academic administrator preferred.
- Experience operating with a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Experience with travel processing and p-card reconciliation, including knowledge of related policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of UNC Charlotte policies and procedures in the areas of travel and purchasing, preferred.
- Experience with research, interpretation, and summarization of information to support decision-making processes.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and Zoom.
- Experience in prioritizing and negotiating organizational needs with internal and external constituents
- Strong communication (both written and verbal).
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
Salary and benefits are competitive; interested individuals should apply online at https://jobs.charlotte.edu. Search for SHRA job #001655. Applicants are subject to background checks.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.